Monday, May 21, 2012

Dangerous

Here's a post to recognize that moment when you realize you're a hazard to yourself.

On Saturday evening after a full day of studying I went to put leftovers away in the fridge on the bottom shelf.  Simple enough task, right?  Apparently not for me.  When I went to stand up I banged the back of my head so incredibly hard on the bottom of the freezer (we have a freezer-top fridge) that it knocked me to the ground.  I cannot even begin to describe just how hard the impact was.  My head was so tender for hours after.  My head and neck still hurt but even more I have not stopped feeling naseous and dazed since.  Yesterday I was even more clumsy than normal and dropped about half of the stuff I touched.  I couldn't even focus to study for a minute - a day wasted I didn't have.

My husband and boss think I gave myself a concussion.  After looking at WebMD I might conceed to that theory.  Here's what I found:
What Is a Concussion? "...a concussion is most often caused by a sudden direct blow or bump to head..." - Check.
What Are the Signs of a Concussion? "confusion or feeling dazed; clumsiness; ...; nausea or vomiting; headache; ..." - Check, check, check, and check.
Considering it has been about 39 hours since I hit my head and I'm still feeling all of the same symptoms I may have a grade 2 concussion.  No fun.  I have refused to go to the doctor because I don't think there is anything they can do for a concussion but if these symptoms continue in full force I may have to.  Bleh.

In the meantime I guess I'll just be dependent on coffee while I'm at work, try focusing really hard to accomplish my to dos, and stay away from refridgerators.

Who knew I they could be so dangerous?

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment