Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cake Making (continued)

After about seven hours, a thousand songs, five recipes, a cup of coffee, and a little less than a half of bottle of wine (and slightly tipsy me) later, I finished what Mr. Woo has named Leslie's Berry Natural Strawberry Cake! No boxed cake mix, jello, jelly/jam, or food coloring here!

I had a great time and probably milked my time in the kitchen a bit more than was truly needed but this was my way to unwind after a pretty heavy/draining week. Overall I think the cake came out pretty visually appealing and everyone said they really liked it -- though let's be honest, my family loves me and may have just been being nice. Either way, the cake got eatten and Mr. Woo's Granny had a great birthday which is all that matters.

You can see the rest of the of the progress pictures and the finished cake below.

Fresh whipped cream with strawberry puree'.

Strawberry whipped cream for in between the layers and to cover the cake.

It's starting to come together.

The finished product!

The last piece of cake.

Next up a peanut butter cake with peanut butter frosting for Mr. Woo's dad's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment