Monday, October 22, 2012

Random Writings - Vol. 5

  • I have adjusted my work schedule and now get off at 4:30.  I love it.  My life has been changed.  I think I have cooked or baked something homemade every day since my new schedule started.  It's amazing what a difference 30 minutes makes.
  • Speaking of baking, I'm making two of my [Peanut Butter] Cake in a JIF cakes this week, one for Granny Woo's visit and the other for Mr. Woo to take to work.  He has been asking for this cake since I made it for his dad's birthday back in July.  I hope they come out as good as the first time I came up with the recipe.  I'm not trying to brag but it was delicious and made the house smell A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
  • I am ready for the coming holidays and wish it was November already!  I just want to be in the kitchen all day, shop and wrap presents, and listen to Christmas music.  This Thanksgiving I'm hanging out with my MIL and helping her prepare the meal.  I could not be more excited! 
  • I promise I do more than just spend time in the kitchen but lately it seems like that's all I've wanted to do.  I've been feeling so domestic.  It's quite nice.
  • I love having time to read.  When I'm not in the kitchen, or with my hubs and pups, I want to be reading a book.  I just finished my last one (well my last chick-lit book, I'm still in the middle of a self improvement book and a cookbook) and now I need a new one.  That's always the hardest part for me but now that I've signed up for Good Reads I am hopeful it will be a little easier.
Hope you're doing well.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment