Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

Sunday I made enchilada from scratch right down to the enchilada sauce and chili con carne.  They turned out pretty good but we had a bit extra of both the sauce and the chili.  Tonight I'm modifying my usual stuffed bell pepper recipe which I think is delicious to make the stuffing mixture with the chili con carne.  I hope it comes out!  I'm very intrigued to see if it will.  I may take a picture if looks ok and I remember.

On a slight side note this weekend my two Cake in a JIF cakes were devoured!  Keep in mind these are layer cakes and one of them was gone in like an hour and half!  I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it, especially since it was a recipe I just made up.  I'm thinking one day I may try making a chocolate cake with my peanut butter frosting I use, or use the peanut butter cake recipe and use chocolate frosting just to mix it up.  The only thing is Mr. Woo won't be able to eat much of it since he's allergic to caffeine.  (Sad, huh?  No chocolate, no coffee would equal a sad, cranky me.)

Oh and I was with my MIL in the kitchen on Saturday morning and learned how to make biscuits from scratch.  I was thrilled with learning and spending that time with her.  I am so blessed I love all of my in-laws and that I have such a great relationship with MIL.  I can't wait to spend Thanksgiving day with her in the kitchen.

Hope you're doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment