Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Recap

Mother daughter weekend was a huge success.  Shortly after my mom got into town on Friday we went to get a couple's massage.  This was my mom's first massage ever and now she wonders what took her so long.  For her it was the highlight of the trip and it made me feel so good that she kept bringing it up and the fact she really enjoyed it.  We closed out the night with a quick stop to a store and some Mexican food.

The next day we left early, got some Starbucks, and enjoyed the hour and half drive to Cincinnati with some good conversation.  After that the day was pretty much filled with non-stop shopping, talking and wonderful mommy and me time.  It really was a great day and though I bought some things I didn't spend a ton of money.  The night ended watching the last quarter of the FSU game which was a major killjoy.  (Granted it was our first loss of the season but it really shouldn't have been a loss at all.  Between refs calling plays for NC State and Jimbo not bringing in the field goal team I was not happy with what I saw.  That being said, it's our fault it was that close anyway.  Boo.)

Sunday, we headed back after one last shopping stop and cleaned out my coat closet - to get a little productive mom and daughter time in there.  I dropped off the stuff I took out of the closet to Goodwill, did some groceries for the week, made dinner, and then enjoyed catching up and cuddling with Mr. Woo and the pup. 

This weekend was a great success and just what I needed without even knowing it.  Now I'm ready for a good and productive week.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment