Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life's a Laugh

I'm back in less than a week with hair darker than a raven.
Saturday was my hair appointment with a new person at a new salon - a first after five years with the same person.  I liked the salon a lot which is good considering I had never seen it and I picked it pretty much solely based on the fact they could get me in Saturday morning.  I liked my stylist too.  She was cute and friendly which always makes me feel comforted when someone is working on my hair.  I sit down embarrassed by the state of my grays and ask for hair dye two shades above black.  This is pretty much what I always say, except for the one time my co-worker did my hair and I let him do whatever for my 21st birthday (hello blonde highlights), because I'm so horrible with coming in for maintenance.  We also talked about trimming off an inch to an inch and half and adding in long layers.  After small talk turns out she knows my SIL and that they were friends in elementary school.  When she asked about her and mentioned they were only acquaintances in high school because of the one year grade difference I was concerned she might have just been saying that and the friendship might have gone sour at some point and that I would end up with a shaved head as a result. (Paranoid much?)  Luckily my fears weren't realized and I was pretty happy with everything at the end of my appointment.  Not amazed but happy.  When I left two hours later I felt like I had found my new salon and stylist for the next five years thanks to its good location, good hours, nice stylist and great price.

Fast forward a few days and I've realized the color is a bit too dark.  It doesn't look bad or anything but it's definitely darker than I would prefer.  Oh and even though she shampooed my hair twice my dye is still coming out when I wash my hair.  I've damaged a towel or two and have had to sleep with a t-shirt over my pillow when I went to bed with wet hair. 



The gray coverage is the best I've had though so it's not all bad.  And I do still think I found my new place to go.

The rest of the day was spent hanging out with Angela and Michele to celebrate Angela's 30th birthday.  It was mostly a good, chill, low-key, just hanging out kind of day so there isn't too much to share.  We went to Improv in the evening and saw Jay Pharoah from SNL.  The place was probably the nicest I've been to and the show was really good.  Most importantly I think the birthday girl had a good time too.



No comments:

Post a Comment