Friday, July 6, 2012

Slacker

Ok so apparently I'm a slacker since it's been over a week since my last post.  It's not because I haven't thought about posting, I just haven't sat down and done it.  I have, however, done other things so let me catch you up. 

Thursday night I baked a pineapple cake from scratch for Mr. Woo's team builder/pot luck thing with his co-workers.  I made up the recipe for the cake and frosting and it got good reviews.  For those who may be counting that's cake from scratch #2 in 6 days.  I believe I have one picture which I will post later.

Friday night I baked a peanut butter cake from scratch for my FIL's birthday; cake #3 in 7 days.  Peanut butter may be his absolute favorite food ever so I decided to surprise him with this cake.  I may have to thank him for liking peanut butter so much because I am not sure my house has ever smelled so good.  The scent was like a cross between freshly baked peanut butter cookies and heaven.  Or something similar I suppose.  I think the only thing I really modified for this cake was the frosting and I put my own spin on it more out of need than because I couldn't find a good recipe.  The only picture I have of this guy is an empty cake plate but I may post that later too.  Overall this cake was definitely my favorite of the three.

[Totally random sentence to once again express how relieved, happy, and in disbelief I am that I am done with my SPHR certification!  I have so much more time now!]

Saturday we went to Holly's to celebrate my FIL's birthday.  We toured the Maker's Mark distillery, all of the original Woos dipped some bottles (and even one hat), we ate the aforementioned peanut butter cake, and played some Rook.  I think everyone had a pretty good time despite the three digit temperature and being outside for a couple of hours at the distillery.

Sunday through yesterday are kind of all a blur.  At one point I invited my MIL to dinner and some shopping -- for Katlin's birthday present -- while Mr. Woo was out of town for work.  I did some more shopping -- for Angela's birthday present -- and found a few things for me that I didn't need to spend money on.  Ooops!  I also made stuffed bell peppers and hubby finished them on the grill.  Stuffed bell peppers are always yum in my book but these were really good!  Yesterday I got a massage thanks to a Groupon gift from my love.  And I think that's about it or at least all that I can recall.

Tomorrow morning I have a hair appointment which is long over due.  I've been trying to save money by using at home box color two or three times between appointments to stretch out how often I have to go to a salon but at this point my grays are in desperate need of some professional attention.  The exciting and scary part is that I'm trying someone new after about five years with the same person.  Eeek!  I'm ready for a change and whatever that may mean.  (New hair style maybe?!)  After my appointment I drive over to Angela's to spend the day with the birthday girl and go to a comedy club at night.  Should be a fun and exciting day! 

On a side note, I can't believe this is the start of all my friends turning 30!!  It's making me wonder if I should make a "To Do Before I'm 30" list.  If so, I need to get on it.  I only have a little over a year left!

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment