Thursday, August 2, 2012

One Day Goal

Happy pseudo Friday!! 

I'm taking tomorrow off - much needed - and will be spending the day baking my Berry Natural Strawberry cake for Holly's birthday.  The day genuinely sounds like heaven right now and the thought of it will be helping me get through the next seven hours. 

Let me just stop and say work is not as bad as it's probably sounding; I just need a break.

Anyway I think I've decided to set a goal for myself today..

I'm going to try to go the whole day without spending any money. 

Just looking at the goal it seems pretty easy but truth be told for some reason I have been spending money like crazy lately!  Whether it be for Starbucks or lunch with my boss or groceries or bills, the list goes on and on.  So today I'm going to try and go without.  I went shopping for the ingredients for the cake yesterday and can pay my hospital bill tomorrow without incurring any additional fees.  (Side note: I will literally jump for joy when I am done paying off of my medical bills.  It still doesn't process for me that I have been paying medical bills every single month for the past two years and I'm only 28.  Oh and I still have my headache.  *sigh*  I'll step off my soapbox now.)

To position myself to be successful for this I have fat free half and half in the fridge downstairs for my coffee fix, I have a plan for all of my meals today, and can spend money if I realize I need to tomorrow. 

Hopefully I'll have good news to share on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment