Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Prayers to Memphis

Today I found out my absolute best friend from birth to middle school and still a dear family friend had a brain tumor for which she underwent brain surgery on Friday. 

Christy is the picture of physical fitness.  She only eats organic, healthy foods.  She dedicates her work life to caring for others as a nurse.  She's brilliant.  She's 29. 

I am heartbroken for her, for her family, and for the unfair situation she is going through (not that any of these situations are ever fair).

I am also hopeful and optimistic (if only for forced optimism) she will have a speedy and full recovery. 

My thoughts, prayers, and love are going to Memphis.  If you can send some that way too, I would appreciate it and I know the family would too.

No comments:

Post a Comment