Sunday, December 9, 2012

WEverb: Triumph

9. triumph [CREATE]
How were you challenged by a project or goal this year?  What did you learn from it?

I was challenged this year by deciding which professional certification I wanted to take given the amazing opportunity I had that work was going to pay for my prep course.  I was challenged to decide between taking the easier way out which would offer a greater chance for me to pass the first time around - and show my employer their investment in me wasn't money wasted, or go with the harder exam that had a much lower pass rate (I believe for my testing window it ended up being 48%). 

When trying to decide I learned I don't like to challenge myself and as a result likely don't live up to my potential.  I decided I would try for my SPHR and give it all my effort.  As a result I passed and am still so proud of my accomplishment.  I am also going to continue to challenge myself to take more risks, believe in myself, and always try to strive up to my potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment