Monday, December 10, 2012

WEverb12: Lose

10. lose [HOPE]
Did you have to say goodbye to a person, or even a cherished object, this year?  Take a moment to celebrate the memory.

This year I had to say goodbye to our family dog Randi.  Randi was a fourteen year old, tan colored Lhasa Apso with quite the personality - though not quite as spunky the last few years.  She could barely see anymore, if at all, and had lost her hearing.  She lived at home with my mom in Tennessee and has provided my family with love and joy since we lived in Germany and got her as a puppy.  I still remember the day after we got her.  I was set for a school trip to Euro Disney and on the bus Danielle asked what I did last night.  My response was, "We got a puppy!".  It was so unexpected since I can't recall us talking about getting one but just like that my mom had said we should go look at these puppies and we brought her home.  I asked to keep something of hers and got her towel she loved to lay on with paw prints and heart that says "I love my dog".  The house just isn't the same when I go to visit and even Roxy seems sadder when she's there and Randi's not.  I venture to say a house just isn't as happy a home with a dog. 

I love Randi and miss her greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment