Saturday, December 8, 2012

WEverb12: Respond

8. respond [LISTEN]
Do you actively listen to your inner voice/conscience?  Describe a time this year you heard and responded to it.

Considering my inner voice is hardly ever quiet I pretty much have to listen to it.  That being said, I'm not sure I can think of a specific instance in which I did this past year.  I guess the only thing I can think of is when I asked to have my niece visit I was a little uncomfortable about picking her up on my own during the night because of deer and my sensitivity to light at nights.  I didn't want to make my brother and SIL think I couldn't take care of her but she's such precious cargo that I wanted to make sure I was ensuring she was in the best care so I spoke up and we were able to arrange it so I could pick her up during the day and we ended up having a wonderful visit.

It may seem minor but it's the only specific instance that I can recall and for some reason the thought of picking my niece up at night by myself was really uncomfortable for me.  She's one of my favorite people (like probably somewhere in my top five) in the world and I would never want to put her in harm's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment