Friday, December 7, 2012

WEverb12: Enliven

7. enliven [GROW]
Was there a book or article that inspired you to make a change in your life this year?  What was the source and what did you change?

Yep, Unlimited by Jillian Michaels inspired me to get over my anger at someone in my life. 

Let me start by explaining the book a bit since the author may make you wonder about the connection to my change.  This book while written by fitness/health guru Jillian is about accomplishing what you want out of life and meeting your goals whatever they may be - starting your own business, getting a promotion, losing weight, etc.  One of the ideas was letting go of things that are holding you back.  And while my anger was not necessarily holding me back from a specific goal it was holding me back from having a happy life, which now that I type that is one of my main goals.  I hated the feeling of having such anger in my heart and especially for someone I'm supposed to love and decided it wasn't doing anyone any good, especially not me.  So I've told myself to get over it and that me not being angry does not condone their behavior.  I am definitely much happier in life now because of that and while I may not actively go out of my way to have a relationship with that person I can be civil and fine.  It is what it is and I've chosen to no longer let it affect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment