Sunday, December 16, 2012

WEverb12: Replicate

16. replicate [CREATE]
What were you inspired to create/make this year based on something else?  (i.e. a pin from pinterest, recipe from a friend, etc.)

So many things!!  But the answer I'm going to choose is biscuits.  Mr. Woo and I often eat at my MIL's house and she's one of my favorite cooks so earlier this fall I had asked her if I could spend sometime with her in the kitchen and learn the food she makes so well.  Thanksgiving day we went over bright an early and among the things I learned how to make, per my request, were her biscuits for our breakfast.  The whole day was great mother-in-law/daughter-in-law time.  A few days later I was inspired by the cast iron skillet Mr. Woo's granny gave me some time ago and had been too intimidated to use and my biscuits came out great!  Mr. Woo said they were as good as his mom's best!  I was proud and can't wait until the next lazy off day we both have together so I can make them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment